5935 Sorrel Avenue, San Jose, California 95123
Phone: (408) 363-0701, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional manager and entrepreneur with a history of shipping successful online, consumer, and entertainment software. An MBA and Bachelors in Engineering with diversified experience, including:
- 11 years of web, consumer, and entertainment software product management
- 5 years of executive level management
- 3 years of web experience as Product Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, and General Manager
- 2 years experience and an MBA concentration in marketing
Web Design and Development Firm
LAUGHING COLLIE PRODUCTIONS - Campbell, CA
2005 - Present
- Improved budget tracking to identify cost savings.
- Authored copy for marketing outreach and client communications.
Subscription Internet Games and Community Service
INTERNET CHESS CLUB - Pittsburgh, PA
2002 - 2004
General Manager / Marketing Manager, (1/2004 - 12/2004)
Product Marketing Manager, (2002 - 2003)
- Upgraded budget process, marketing programs, online products, resulting in increasing profits 10%.
- Developed integrated marketing campaign utilizing online audio, video, search engine marketing (SEM), and search engine optimization (SEO), that increased revenue and reduced marketing costs 45%.
- Revamped multi-media production, increasing audience while reducing costs over 70%.
- Managed redesign of company web site and online software that increased trial registrations by 25%.
Community and Entertainment Site
THIRDAGE MEDIA, INC. - San Francisco, CA
3/2000 - 8/2000
Web Activity Manager
- Increased web traffic by enhancing presentation, user access, and integration of entertainment content into other site content, resulting in entertainment driving over 25% of ThirdAge.com web site traffic.
- Part time job while working on MBA.
Web Software Development Firm
QUARIUM, INC. - Foster City, CA
4/1999 - 8/1999
Senior Project Manager
- Improved on time performance of software development teams by establishing daily milestone tracking.
- Increased client sales by co-designing new e-commerce web site with improved product presentation.
- Interim job while awaiting the start of full time MBA program that started fall 1999.
Entertainment Software Publisher
ACCOLADE, INC. - San Jose, CA
1993 - 1998
- Lead internal and contract software development teams for six published software titles through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including idea generation, contract negotiation, creation of product requirements documents (PRD), user experience design, prototyping, usability and focus testing, development, quality assurance, internationalization, launch, and maintenance.
- Coordinated simultaneous projects with people in multiple functional areas across global locations.
- Broadened company product line by identifying, negotiating, and signing contracts with external software development teams for Windows, Macintosh, Sony PlayStation, and online software.
- Increased development capacity by recruiting and managing two internal software development teams.
Entertainment Software Publisher
STRATEGIC SIMULATIONS, INC. - Sunnyvale, CA
1987 - 1992
- Increased revenue by leading development of five of SSI's top ten all time best selling products.
- Broadened product line by leading internal and contract software development teams for fifteen published titles from contract negotiation, through design, development, testing, and publication.
- Reduced time to market of SSI's top franchise by 40% by re-engineering the development process.
Game and Book Publisher
HERO GAMES - San Mateo, CA
1981 - 1986
Founding Partner and Vice President of Finance
- Streamlined management systems for advertising, A/R, A/P, inventory, print buying, and hiring.
- Implemented computerized accounting system that improved financial reports and reduced costs.
- Authored, edited, and/or designed fourteen books, including Hero Games' five best selling products.
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - San Jose State University, San Jose, CA, Concentration: Marketing, Graduated 2001
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ENGINEERING - San Jose State University, San Jose, CA, Concentration: Robotics, Graduated 1987
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Credits (as Product Manager, Producer, Co-Producer, or Major Contributor): 23 published software titles in 37 versions, including five of SSI's top ten best selling products of all time
- Credits (as Author, Editor, or Designer): 14 game books, 10 software manuals, and 4 computer game support books, including Hero Games' five best selling products
- Graduated with Honors, GPA 3.97, MBA 2001
- Co-Designer of Champions, voted #1 Role Playing Game of All Time by Inquest Magazine
- Member: Hall of Fame, Academy of Adventure Game Arts & Design
Proficient with: Windows, Macintosh, and Palm OS systems; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project, Visio, and Outlook; Open Office, Eudora, Dreamweaver, Nvu, FileMaker, and Photoshop
Skills: Creative problem solving skills, negotiation skills, organization skills, project management and prioritization skills, statistical analysis skills, strong communication skills, broad technical knowledge
Business Tools: Business cases, business metrics, business models, business objectives, business requirements, development process best practices, marketing programs, marketing requirements documents (MRD), performance analytics, product analytics, product requirements documents (PRD), product roadmaps, product strategies, qualitative research, quantitative research
Personal Attributes: Articulate, detail oriented, thorough, flexible, innovative, productive, results driven, self-starter, strategic thinker, strong team player